4.09.2011

Lego Birthday


For My son's 4th Birthday we did a Lego theme. My husband used an iphone app to turn a photo of my son into a Lego work of art. We used this for his party invitations.

 Garlands were a snap. (tee-he) We attached Legos along red yarn to string across the room. And My husband being a wiz at Lego creations spelled out "Happy Birthday" in Legos!
 Simple rectangle sugar cookies with matching M&M's made yummy Lego bricks.
 Oreo truffle pops were the perfect thing for making Lego man heads. I rolled a big log and little log of the filling. Froze it and cut it up to create a big cylinder heads with a little cylinder on top. I dipped them in yellow candy melts and used a food marker to draw on the faces.
Almost to cute to eat...almost.
 Micah's name spelled out in Legos for his big red Lego cake.
 It was a simple 2 layer square cake with 2 oreos wrapped in matching fondant to make the Lego nubs.- sorry what do you call those things?!
 I tried making my own fondant frosting for this cake. Tasted better then store bought but was a nightmare to work with. I'll let you know when I actually figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment