2.10.2011

Oreo Truffle Pops



Inspired by this site I knew it was something that my 3 year old could help make for his first preschool Valentine party.
 Ingredients are so simple:
1 package Oreo cookies blended to a fine crumb consistency in a food processor
1 package cream cheese softened and mixed into the crumbs using an upright mixer
Roll them into little balls and there you have your truffle filling!!! 

I added a stick (dipped in a little chocolate to help them hold secure) before freezing them for 1/2 hour to harden.
It was easy to dip them in melted chocolate using their sticks as a handle. I tapped them lightly to remove excess chocolate before sticking them in a cube of floral foam to hold them upright while I added red sugar sprinkles and let them dry.

They are soft inside and hard outside and stuffed with Oreo goodness.

Each of his school mates will get a Valentine card with his happy face on it:) and one pop wrapped in a little cellophane bag. I even found some red cellophane envelopes for his cards!
The teacher gets a mini bouquet held in a heart shaped ceramic bowl. Can you feel the love?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness those look so delicous! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete