3.20.2011

She's Gonna Pop!

I hosted a baby shower this weekend for a very sweet friend. I picked a theme based on the idea that she's gonna pop at any moment. (Did not know at the time that she would actually be on bed rest to prevent any early "popping"! Luckily she was able to attend her party as we just happened to have it the last night of her mandatory bed rest!)
Having a theme is the best thing to do for inspiration. I wanted this party to be all about Bubbles and anything that goes pop!
I used all clear glass containers for food because they were most "bubble" like. For a garland I cut out vellum circles that were strung together with a sewing machine by my sewing guru and partner in crime, Rachel. Turned out cuter than I expected!
Also found some clear plastic ornament balls that I was able to slip paper letters into to spell out words...

Then there was the food. Every item on the menu had the word pop in it.

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Home made Pop Tarts
Lemon Poppy Seed Tarts
Chocolate Fudge Cake Pops
Popovers
Soda Pop
Pop Corn
Candy Bar: Pop Rocks, Lolli Pops, Blow Pops, Bubble Gum

 Parting gifts included mini packages from the candy bar

I hung a "bubble" wreath on my front door to welcome guests. I spray painted the balls to match the party colors.
 Party Poppers exploded to set the mood.
For the games we played the winners got a glass bubble bowl full of cake pops. I designed a music game for all the guests. I called it " Baby Pop Songs" I put together a play list of 10 pop songs that had the word baby in it. I played a sample of each song and had people win points for guessing the song title and artist's name. See list below!

 It was sooo much fun!








1 comment:

  1. How cute!! Alli you did such a good job!! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete