4.27.2012

Space Party

My kids shared a birthday party this year because I am feeling too pregnant to do 2 parties only 1 month apart. We did a space theme because my 5 year old has been interested in the Sun and 3 year old is obsessed with the Moon.
 The dedicated father he is, my hubby blew up and hung LOTS of balloons and stars on the ceiling to create a "heavenly" effect to the party room.
I was in charge of the foods and especially enjoyed making them their own cakes based on their favorite objects in space... the sun and moon! The sun was topped off with cake pops on skewers that represented all the planets that orbit it.
Then there were other yummy treats too.
The party wouldn't be complete without some astronauts so we bought them costumes to wear as their party outfits.
When it was time for the cake launch we lit sparklers on each cake to create an explosive blast off.
Happy birthday kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment