3.23.2012

"Celebration de la Bebe" | A French Themed Baby Shower

So my long time pal Tiffany is having her first baby! So I teamed up with my partner in crime, Rachel, to throw her a baby shower. She is having a girl and I wanted to make a nod to one of her many hidden talents which is speaking French. Not many of her friends know she once lived there and speaks the language so well. So with a party theme decided away we went and came up with a really fun event!
I  printed the invitations on water color paper and used gold envelopes, which was the accent color for the party along with pink and peach.
Here is the beautiful "La Mere" to be! She's standing in the entry way which we filled with hanging balloons. A very festive way to enter a home don't you think?

I made a peach/pink colored cake with different shades of cake layers and frosting. Then 12'' white candles topped it off. The best part was that it also served as our game for the night. I thought it would be fun to have a traditional french "King Cake" game. Usually played on new years but it fits perfect for a baby shower. I just hid a little plastic baby inside the cake and whomever got the piece of cake with a little baby in it won a gift basket!
Here is our winner showing off the baby she found in her slice. And the french themed basket that she won. The basket was really fun to pull together. It included things like Brie cheese, chocolate truffles, Grey Poupon Mustard, the current issue of Bon Appetite Magazine, a bottle of Perrier sparkling water etc...
Another activity was a French Photo Booth. We left out props like mustaches but more importantly thought bubbles that guests could fill with their baby advice for the new Mommy. The collection of images turned out really cute! Here is a sampling....
And my mouth still waters thinking of all the delicious french food that was served. Très Bon!
 Mini crepes with ham, asparagus and swiss cheese, ham and brie sandwiches on a baguette, and a Niçois salad on croissants. There was also baked Brie, and stuffed chocolate covered strawberries. I was in heaven. We drank pink lemonade in cups with little french labels wishing guests "A Votre Sante!"

Everyone left with a clear square box of Almond Macaroons or chocolate dipped Madeline cookies. It was my first attempt at making Macaroons and to be honest I'll be just fine if I never have to make them again :)
Au Revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment